Now Hiring: Senior Graphic Designer
The Hodges Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any basis protected by law.
At Hodges, we have clear values: Our core values are built on being Collaborative, Inclusive, Bright, Driven and Genuine. We’re committed to using our collective voices, experiences and relationships to confront biases while advancing diversity, equity and inclusion at Hodges and within our industry for underrepresented communities.
About The Hodges Partnership
The Hodges Partnership is one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 and Virginia Business’ Best Places to Work (No. 6 among small businesses across the commonwealth in 2023 rankings). Founded in 2002 by two longtime professional communicators, we are a Richmond, Va.-based agency with 18 talented professionals.
Our team’s core competencies are in public relations, media relations, content marketing and social media – or as we call it, strategic storytelling.
We love what we do. We’re looking for a forward-thinking and curious individual with a positive attitude who works to exceed client expectations.
We value, celebrate and invest in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We know the team shines brightest and our clients receive the best results when everyone can bring their authentic selves and experiences to their work.
- The Hodges Partnership is looking to hire a graphic designer for a six-month contract.
- We’re looking for 30-40 hours a week, but are flexible depending on the candidate and their experience.
- This position can be hybrid, but must be based in Virginia.
What you will do:
- Serve as the primary creative representative for the agency, while the current director is on leave
- Lead agency and client design projects from concept to execution, including, but not limited to brochures, white papers, reports, illustrations, social media content, and infographics
- Lead design of business development materials
- Ensure brand consistency throughout all projects
- Traffic creative projects
- Attend internal account team meetings, as needed
- Present to and participate in client meetings, as needed
- Review and provide feedback to junior designer
- A bachelor’s degree in design/art or the equivalent professional experience
- A passion for typography, color application, grids, layout, and accessibility skills
- A stellar portfolio that showcases your passion and expertise
- Strong working proficiency of design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva)
- A keen eye for visual details
- High motivation for taking projects to the next level
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with team members
- A willingness to seek feedback
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Agency experience
Still with us? Great! If this sounds up your alley, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected].