Now hiring: Account Strategist – Digital Marketing (7-10 years of experience)
We’re hiring! Pardon our excitement, but due to our almost non-existent employee turnover, that’s extremely rare.
The Hodges Partnership is among the largest independent public relations firms in the country (based on O’Dwyer’s 2019 industry data). Founded in 2002 by two longtime professional communicators, we are a Richmond, Va.-based agency with 14 talented professionals. Until, of course, you join the team.
Our team’s core competencies are in public relations, media relations, content marketing and social media – or as we call it, strategic storytelling. We specialize in telling the right story to the right people at the right time.
At Hodges, we love what we do. And we bring it every day — no matter what.
At this time, we’re looking to add an experienced professional to the team. We expect that each applicant has significant work experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations. Before we get into the specifics of the position, we want to share a few characteristics that define the type of person who thrives at Hodges.
What makes a Hodger? A Hodger is someone who…
- Leads with compassion, keeps a positive attitude and looks for ways to support their teammates.
- Shows hustle and takes pride in their work to exceed client expectations.
- Displays a forward-thinking sense of curiosity that keeps the team ahead of the game.
- Lends their skills and talents to the community to make the world a better place.
- Looks for answers when faced with a challenge.
- Pitches in whenever needed.
What we’re looking for… an account strategist focused on digital marketing with the following:
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in digital content marketing campaigns
- Expertise in all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc., including astute knowledge of social media best practices and guidelines: targeting, channel strategies, KPI development, high-level understanding of paid social media, analytics/insight tools
- Experience managing team members executing digital marketing tactics
- The ability to leverage the power of data and analytics to inform campaigns for clients
- Experience developing and executing paid media campaigns across major social platforms – preferably for a large consumer brand
- Ability to lead discussions and brainstorm sessions with clients to uncover challenges, opportunities and strategies that tie digital marketing efforts to company goals
- Demonstrated passion for the power of content and social media marketing with a keen eye toward innovation and continuous learning
- Participate in the new business process by researching and preparing proposals, participating in pitch meetings, particularly as it relates to digital content, and identifying new business prospects
- Possesses an understanding and perspective of how SEO factors into earned, owned and paid content strategies
- Experience leveraging influencers in social media initiatives
- Design skills a plus
How you’ll contribute to the team:
Remember how we said a Hodger is someone who pitches in wherever is needed? This position will include other responsibilities in addition to those listed above, which can include weighing in on other Hodgers’ accounts and helping with agency operations. As a small agency, everyone at Hodges helps to keep the machine running. Still with us? Great! If this sounds up your alley, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do our best to make sure everyone gets a response, but in case we hear from a lot of folks, please be patient with us.